THE VIKING SHIP
Last winter, the Drakkar was updated with a brand new wing-shaped tail. The result proved to be amazing: more response in powder, less weight, more pleasure. All this without touching what makes it a legend in its category. Ultra-progressive nose and front rocker for effortless gliding on the deepest days, big sidecut radius combined with Sidewaves 3.0 for flawless grip and stability and a dynamic pop allowing for supercharged turn exits thanks to the UltraLight Forest Core, made from poplar, paulownia and vertical bamboo rods. Add to this our Carbon Power Beams and Powder Paw (Kevlar vibration dampener), the lightspeed Nano Ultima Speed Base and you have an epic Drakkar, faster and more precise than ever, ready to take you to the gates of the Valhalla. Make Ragnar proud!
- Big Mountain
- Everyday Cruising
- FSC© Bamboo Topsheet
- Certified FSC© Ultra Light Forest Core
- Greenpoxy Bio-Resin
- Developped in the carbon-neutral Borealis HQ
- BLIZZARD CAMBER - This profile is ideal for deep powder float and solid grip on hard snow. Long front rocker starting from the front insert pack, mild camber down to the back insert pack and shorter rocker towards the tail for easier turns and switch landings.
- SIDEWAVES 3.0 - Three extra contact points are added to the sidecuts to improve edge-hold and carve through tough and icy terrain with speed and confidence, like a true Norseman.
- BAMBOO TOPSHEET - This board is equipped with a 100% organic bamboo topsheet, making it dynamic, reducing chatter/vibrations and offering a more natural feel to the ride. It also reduced by 40% the quantity of plastic present in the board.
- PERMAFROST TECHNOLOGY - Through an exclusive process, the fibers of the bamboo topsheet are infused with Greenpoxy© Eco-Resin, making it impact-resistant and long-lasting.
- UL FOREST CORE - Ultralight wood core made from FSC®-certified woods (poplar, paulownia) reinforced with bamboo rods. Thinner tip and tail for reduced swing weight. Dynamic, snappy and durable.
- GREENPOXY© ECO-RESIN - This board is assembled using the Greenpoxy© Eco-Resin, made from 55+% of recycled biomass such as recycled vegetable oils and sawdust. This very low-VOC (volatile organic compound) bio-resin is a long-lasting and high-performance alternative to classic epoxy resins.
- NANO ULTIMA SPEED BASE - This ultra-premium high-molecular density base is our fastest option. Reach transcendental speeds on any terrain and snow temperature. High impact-resilience and great wax-absorption.
- TRIAXIAL FIBREGLASS - This composite is weaved in 3 different angles, bringing precision, reactivity and stability to the board. High longitudinal and torsional stifness.
- CARBON POWER BEAMS - Our carefully-studied carbon reinforcement matrix are designed for each board's needs. Wether the aim is to boost pop, stability or precision, these beams are the central nervous system of your ride, making it more dynamic and swift.
- POWDER PAW - Long strips of intermeshed Kevlar© and carbon placed on strategic zones of the core reducing vibrations and making the ride smoother, just as a lynx's paw pads.
- RECYCLED STEEL EDGES - Our super-strong recycled steel edges bring solid grip on any terrain. They are also ultra-resistant to rock impacts.
- WING-SUIT TAIL - Great maneuverability and stability in powder, reduced swing-weight.
Full Board Specs (cm)